Last night I had the absolute joy of spending a little more than an hour taking about Visual Studio 2013 & (more importantly) Visual Studio LightSwitch at the Developer User Group. It was great to have a standing room only session with loads of participation and hopefully I got to show off why I love LightSwitch.
This talk was mostly just me doing massive demo fun and running ALL OVER the place, we covered:
- LightSwitch 101 (create forms, add data etc…)
- Some more advance layout tricks in LightSwitch
- How LightSwitch works under the covers
- Visual Studio 2013 profile & notification features
- Visual Studio extensions
- Visual Studio Code Lens
- Building custom clients with OData
- Wrapping data in Web API
and so much more. This really was a session driven by the audience so it was great fun for me. The slides (which likely won’t be of much use) are below & after that is the download for the demos!
Thank you everyone for making it a super special evening for me!