Koans are simple unit tests which help ease you into learning a new language.
The first step was setting this up, in Windows and VSCode... cause for some reason I hate myself that much.
- Install Java SDK
- Install the Java Extension Pack for VSCode
- Install the Kotlin Language Extension for VSCode
So I am using VSCode as the editor and then the command line to run the unit tests.
Since this will be ongoing, I am going to break it into a number of parts, listed below (this list will be updated over time):
- Hello World
- Java To Kotlin Converter
- Named Arguments
- Default Arguments
- String Templates
- Data Classes
- Nullable Types
- Smart Casting
- Extension Functions and Extensions On Collections
- Object Expressions and SAM Conversions
- Kotlin's Elvis Operator
- Return when
- The awesome that is the backtick
- It is a thing
- Operators don't need to mean one thing
- For Loop